The call for papers is now closed.
Information for Presenters:
We are soliciting proposals for sessions to be presented at the 2007 Agencies and Courts Conference. Proposals are being solicited only for presentation as part of the “Strengthening Agency Systems and Workforce Development” component of the conference, December 12 – 13, 2007.
Proposals may be for either:
- Workshops: Classroom-style presentations that may include lecture, panel discussion, Q&A, or other interactive formats.
- Peer-to-Peer Sessions: Facilitated discussions among specific participants groups about specific topics of common interest.
To preview the application form and see the information you will need to submit your proposal, click here.
Wednesday, December 12 – Thursday, December 13, 2007
The audience will consist largely of these groups:
- Child welfare program participants : State and local child welfare directors and CFSR coordinators
- Workforce participants: State training directors, human resource directors, University partners and child welfare training grantees.
In addition, some Court Improvement Program representatives may attend this component of the conference.
All sessions will be 90 minutes. Some sessions will be repeated.
50 – 60 people
The conference will focus on four themes. Click on a theme to view examples of content areas that the committee is particularly interested in.
Cross-systems, interagency or interdisciplinary approaches to improving outcomes for children and families.
Strategies for helping organizations, systems or partnerships reach new levels of performance.
Evidence-based or data-driven approaches to enhancing interaction among systems to improve practice.
Strategies to achieve a qualified workforce with the tools to do the job.
The committee will place priority on presentations that:
- Include empirical information on effectiveness (such as data indicators, evaluations, and/or QA results)
- Have direct application to improving practice and achieving positive outcomes for children and families.
- Include interactive components to engage the audience
- Include representatives from multiple systems or one or more of the targeted audiences for the conference..
Sessions may have no more than three presenters. Priority will be given to sessions that have one representatives from multiple systems and/or individuals whose lives have been impacted by the child welfare system.
All papers will be reviewed and rated by the conference planning committee, comprised of Children’s Bureau personnel, regional representatives, and representatives of national organizations. Selected papers will then be submitted to Children’s Bureau administration for final approval. Presenters will be notified by October 15, 2007.
Click here for the selection criteria.
A full range of audiovisual equipment will be available. However, we will not provide laptop computers.
Presenters will be responsible for providing handouts for participants in their session, and for providing digital copy so that handouts can be posted online.
Workshops sessions will be set schoolroom style, unless other arrangements are made. Peer-to-peer sessions will be set in rounds.
Honoraria will not be provided. Travel-related expenses may be provided at the discretion of the Children’s Bureau.
Deadline for submission:
July 30, 2007
QueBarbara Sparksact Tyler Hussain